- Bringing the new purpose to life is taken very seriously at Mercedes-Benz. It is a long journey from the first post on Linkedin to anchoring purpose in everyday business at Mercedes-Benz.
- The new version »First Move the World« seems to be an evolution, not a revolution of the old version with Mercedes-Benz as self-proclaimed solver of the »paradox of the success story of cars«. Overall, this evolution is a step forward, nevertheless there are also some disadvantages.
- The purpose initiative of Mercedes-Benz shows that »purpose« and »brand« are strongly linked to each other: purpose will only unleash its full potential if it is linked to a brand. From our external point of view, we see three potential tasks arising.
2. Comparison of both statements: evolution instead of revolution
- Option A: purpose 1.0 is the purpose of Daimler, purpose 2.0 is the purpose of Mercedes-Benz.
- Option B: purpose 2.0 is an evolution of purpose 1.0 and both refer to Mercedes-Benz.
- Assign »First Move the World« to the Daimler brand
- Specify »First Move the World« for the underlying product and service brands
- Define the relationship of the new brand purpose and brand identities
– e.g. for Mercedes-Benz the relation to its core »Ambition to lead« and its claim »The Best or Nothing«. Besides of the emotional benefit for end customers, this move will give guidance for day to day work of employees as well. This accelerates the targeted internal change process once again.
The focus of this year’s MTP office assembly in Nuremberg was on the intensive exchange of experience and knowledge between the individual participants in various workshops and lectures.
In this context Dr. Matthias Hüsgen spoke on the topic »Many brands at Blackeight« and shared exciting insights into the work of the Munich brand consultancy the 400 participants.
MTP – Marketing zwischen Theorie und Praxis e. V. with its network of 17 offices, 18 alumni clubs and its more than 3,600 members is Germany’s largest student marketing initiative.
For one year now, Blackeight supports the Munich office as a regional sponsor.
We were very pleased with the lively interest in our presentation and are looking forward to the future cooperation with MTP.
This article is only available in German.
For the sixth time, the news magazine Focus, in cooperation with »kununu«, selected the best employers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The prize was awarded to 1,000 employers from 22 sectors, who now have the seal “FOCUS Top Employer 2018”.
More than 100,000 employee judgments of all hierarchy and age groups were evaluated for this study. The decisive criterion was whether the employees recommend their own employer. In addition, the study takes into account employee ratings for other employers within the industry. For the evaluation, the judgments for the employers in each industry were counted, the selection of the top employers was based on the frequency of recommendations.
The LMU alumni Tamara Ertl and Andreas L.M. Thoma gave a guest lecture last week at the »Institute for Market-based Management« of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München. In the lecture, students, who are currently studying business economics at the institute, were given an overview of Blackeight´s brand model, the brand development process, as well as the company´s understanding of brand-oriented corporate management.
We would like to thank the chair and director of the institute, Dr. Schwaiger, as well as his team for the invitation and we look forward to more projects together in the future.
Students from the AMD Akademie Mode & Design in Munich payed a visit to Blackeight last week. During their visit, they, under the motto „The Conception and Visualization of Brand Experiences“, discussed current trends in the areas of brand conception, brand implementation, as well as creating comprehensive brand experiences with Bettina Otto, creative director at BlauePferde GmbH, and Andreas L. M. Thoma, one of our Brand Sparring Partners. The students are currently studying brand and communication design at the AMD Akademie Mode & Design, which is directed by Dr. Katharina Klug.
This article is only available in German.
Also this year the team from Blackeight is committed to helping children in need. Together with »Connect minds4change«, we will help thirty children from Manila return to school next year.
Connect minds4change´s goal is to give disadvantaged children access to better education and with that a new life perspective. Next to building small libraries in remote villages and furnishing self-mounted solar cookers, the work focuses primarily on returning street kids into the school system long term.
What does Connect minds4change´s work in Manila look like exactly?
Volunteer teachers in Manila give children daily lessons right on the street, at the same time and at the same place. Straightforward and without complications. For some children, this access to education is their first in years. In the beginning each lesson usually lasts less than two hours per day, later even longer. Yet every hour is important for the way back into the school system. In the following years, on-site education will be crucial for their continuing journey through life.
With its work in Manila, the organization strives to…
…identify obstacles impacting school attendance
…re-establish routine playfully
…promote interest on school and knowledge
…create prerequisites to re-enable school attendance again
The volunteers from Connect minds4change have not only built a trustworthy and secure contact-point, but have also established the conditions for long-term school attendance.
Who is behind Connect minds4change?
Franziska Bammert initially founded Connect minds4change with friends in Munich. Supporters came swiftly from all over the world — from US book donations and pan-European volunteers from all over Europe, to native Filipinos and Filipinas who play an important role on-site. The focus is to understand what is really needed in order to create useful and sustainable projects. Direct on-site aid and personal exchange is in many aspects possible and for Franziska Bammert desirable.
Further information about Connect minds4change is available at https://connectminds4change.jimdo.com/
The press release is only available in German.
The new issue of Concentr8
Brand partnerships are offering a wide range of opportunities from redefining to sharpening and strengthening the brand. This trend has been especially noticeable among luxury brands in recent years. Luxury brands are quite sensitive entities and their success is highly dependent on their symbolic value. Therefore, maximum precision is necessary when planning and executing a collaboration between two luxury brands. Like this, serious consequences such as dilution of the brand’s core or other damages to the image can be avoided.
Please find more on that topic in the new issue of Blackeight’s publication Concentr8.
(only available in German)